Friday, May 8, 2009

Half-way there...

All of my assignments for the Spring 2009 semester are completed (as far as I know), and let me tell you, it's a strange feeling. The only thing that lies between me and a month of public service in a new and exciting place is ten days of work and packing. The count down is on!!! I've made endless lists for Brad (my husband) to follow while I'm away. I've started the thorough cleaning that my house requires. I've visited the dentist and had my teeth cleaned (essential before every major trip), and most satisfying of all, I have started making a list for packing. The OBGYN appointment is scheduled for next week, so that I can get the final okay from my doctor to travel (keep your fingers crossed), and my suitcases have been pulled down from the top of the closet. This is really happening.

I can't really wrap my ahead around the idea that the Spring semester is over. That means that my classmates and I have successfully (I hope) completed the first year of our graduate program, and to date, no one has been stoned, excommunicated, and there has been no loss of life reported. I'm so proud of us! There were times that I didn't know if it would all shake out.

When we all settled into a cold and buzzing classroom in Sturgis Hall last August for orientation, none of us knew exactly what to expect. We were all busting at the seems to prove our raw passion and dedication. We wanted to help, to create, to motivate, TO SERVE. Although the first semester definately had some ups and downs, and more unexpected moments than I'd like to admit, I believe Class 4 of the Clinton School of Public Service accomplished our goals. I believe we are well on our way to being a class full of true servants, and we are now about to embark on our first test... in places all over the globe! It will not be easy. It will not be clear-cut. But it will be fun, and exciting!

I apologize for all the nostalgia. I get this way when chapters come to an end, even when I know there are seven more chapters to follow. It's almost like I have enjoyed reading this one page so much that I don't want to turn the page and see what's next, because it might not be as good. But, it will be... and the story will keep getting better. So here's to reading, and WRITING the next page. Good luck, friends!

1 comment: