Monday, May 18, 2009

Day one: Check.

I am safely sitting on the couch at the guest house in Belize City, Belize. My travels were safe and uneventful for the most part, and my wonderful classmates have been awesome hosts every since I arrived. I even got my own choice of beds!!

The house we're staying in is a four bedroom apartment style, second-story guest house that Peacework rents each summer. There's a kitchen (although no stove), a refrigerator (that is stocked with cold drinks by the owners or peacework, I'm not sure), two bathrooms, a kitchen table, and even washer/dryer. We have cable (130 stations to be exact), and although there is no breeze is is not that hot, at least, not yet. There are plenty of fans and the open windows create a nice breeze.

Belize in general is a lot like Honduras. The climate feels similar, and the lifestyle seems about par, with a flair of Carribean mixed in, of course. I wish I could describe it better, but for now the ride home from the airport did not leave me with many description words... so maybe I can say more in the coming days.

Apparently we're going out for dinner tonight, which means I'll need a shower once I have determined which room I'll be staying in, and then hopefully I can get in bed early enough to catch up on the sleep I missed by getting up at 4am this morning.

So far... so good. I took some pictures of Flat Brad (Stanley) yesterday on our last day in East Texas, but uploading them has not been as easy as I expected. Hopefully that will change if and when our internet gets fixed.

I already miss my real life Brad, but 28 days will not be unmanageable.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds more like Real World: Belize than an IPSP! Jk I'm just jealous that I won't get to see any of y'all for the summer.

    ReplyDelete