Friday, June 12, 2009

Was it a dream?

Safely back in Texarkana, sitting in my office, reading my classmates blog I realize that my IPSP travelling has come to an end. I know this might seem obvious, since I rode the plane, arrived in Little Rock, and have been home for two days now. But honestly, it just hit me. It could be because I just fell back into the normal routine of working, getting ready for baby, and taking care of the house. It also could be because I am still sort of shocked over some of the things that I saw while in Belize. No matter the reason, I feel as if though my entire Belize experience was a vivid, yet distant dream. I am having a hard time describing my trip, and therefore, I'm thankful that most of my classmates won't be returning for two more months or so. That way, by the time they get back I will have had a chance to collect my thoughts and ideally eloquently explain how my IPSP effected me.

In other news, I got home around 10pm on Wednesday, and was welcomed back to Texarkana with a pretty severe thunderstorm. We got home, parked, and Brad ran to the back porch to unlock the door. I was just noticing the brand new motion lights that my in-laws expertly and magnificently installed when a huge clap of thunder rang out and the electricity on the entire block was out. BAM! And just like that, we were in the dark for a night... (interestingly enough, just as I was typing this blog now in my office at work, on a completely clear and sunny June day, when I got to the words "dark for a night" the lights went out in my office! Now, I'm used to the electricity going off in our building because we are doing construction and often power lines have to be taken down temporarily, but the strange part at this moment is that the lights in my office, and department are out, but my computer is still working... along with my co-workers computers. Strange, and IRONIC).

Anyways, so my first night back in what would have been my comfortable, cool, and relaxing house and very own luxurious bed was actually spend hunting for candles and fumbling in the dark to unpack what I needed out of my suitcases. AWESOME.

Other than that, I came back to work yesterday and it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. There were only about a hundred emails to answer, and it seemed that I hadn't left everyone with a million questions for the month I was gone, so my return was somewhat pleasant and normal. The even greater news is that I still have a job, for which I am so thankful! I was beginning to worry if they might have replaced me while I was gone.

Also, I bought a baby bed for Porter today! I'm very excited about the find, and my mom and I are going to pick it up today after work. YaY!

I'll leave the rest of my nominal thoughts off for now. I'm going to try to get some work done and maybe start my weekend a little early. (Lights just came back on in the office! WhooHooo!)

2 comments:

  1. A)I'm super happy you got home safe.
    2)I'm glad you still have a job
    3)Please take picture of aforementioned bed please

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures of the bed will come as soon as it is assembled. =)

    ReplyDelete