Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Is it Tuesday night already?

Another day come and gone, and I'm still waiting. Today was filled with more of the same, as my host organization has not been able to get the interviews scheduled yet. So, more waiting for me.

The good news is that I am one day closer to seeing Bradley, and that is something to be excited about!

The internet situation wanes on as well, but I did get my revised work plan off to Joe today, and with any luck will keep the assignments coming on time if I attempt to access the internet approzimately eight times for every one email sent.

Julianne made is safely down to Punta Gorda yesterday, and reports that there was acutally rain there today! We still havne't seen any of the wet stuff, but the weather feels like a storm is brewing, constantly. I'm beginning to think it's just a hoax to make me feel like it should be cooler than it acutally is.

Dr. Gary Wheeler, a former Clinton School student and infectious disease doctor from Little Rock, and his nephew Zach made it to town yesterday as well. They'll be here for a few weeks following up on some projects that Dr. Wheeler has in the works, one in particular with BFLA. They stopped by for dinner last night, and I was truly ashamed of my cooking performance. In my defense, our kitchen is not up to par with what I usually have to work with, and I didn't exactly plan to cook for anyone but myself, but none-the-less my mother would have been embarassed of the chicken casserole that I made. She would have ate it, and been supportive, but it was not that great. This just means that when I get back stateside I'll have to redeem my abilities to Dr. Wheeler. I can't leave him thinking that was my best.

Tonight I think I'll have the frozen burrito in the fridge and some of the cheese dip I made last week. I'm telling you, no matter how hard I try, the food options don't seem any healthier or nutritious. I'll supplement with a green apple that I paid 70 U.S. cents for today and hope that Porter gets all his vitamins from the prenatal prescription. I've also decided that my child will be born with an incredible immune system. He's going to come out fighting off the American germs likethey were nothing after everything he's been through already. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment