Monday, June 15, 2009

Back to work

This week marks the beginning of work on my project from Texarkana, and I'm excited to get started. Lest you think that I would actually work on the project while I'm supposed to be writing grants, I will assure you that all work on IPSP will take place after 5pm. Therefore, before 5 I have time to reflect on life since Belize ( you may note at this point that this is not grant-writing-related either, but sometimes a girl needs a moment!)

Today I would have been returning from Belize if I had stuck to my original travel plans. This would have made my trip seem unbearable long, as I think I might have grown at least four inches since I got back to the states. You might think I've just been eating better (which I have) but in all reality my appetite has been a bit come-and-go lately. I think the expansion of my middle-region has actually just been Porter growing... imagine that!

On Friday I found Porter a crib, which I think I might have mentioned in my last post, and we bought a matress on Saturday. The bed still isn't put together, but maybe we can tackle that sometime this week, along with picking out a paint color and getting to work on that part of the room. My mom and I tackled a weekend-project to make a canvas to hang above the crib in the nursery, and ended up producing the CUTEST picture ever of a little boy pulling a wagon with a turtle in it. I'm so excited to hang it on the wall, but I have to say that without my mother's help it would have turned out VERY sad. She is such an angel... you have no idea.

We made it back to FBCQC this weekend, for the first time in a long time. Still feel as if we don't have any really good fellowship with people our age there, but it was good to be home. I did hear good news from about five little old ladies at the church, who reported that being pregnant during the summer is miserable. Well, THANKS! I had no idea. ;)

That's it for now. Back to work today, and back to project producing this evening, from the comfort of my own couch... in an AIR CONDITIONED house... with convenient American food only a phone call away. Much love to my Belize amigos... I'll be thinking of you.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa

    I'm glad you are home now with the pregnancy being an additional concern. Take care.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete