Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mid-week goodbyes!

My time in Belize is coming to an end (a few days early) and I really cannot believe it's already time to go home. More than that, if my trip to Belize is over, that means that having a baby is closer! and well... that's just exciting!!! I didn't think I would feel that way. I actually thought I would be nervous, and scared, and completely unprepared, and while I am all of those things, excitement is definately the overwhelming feeling.

The plan was actually to leave on Monday, but my project seemed to wrap-up nicely this week, and I decided to head on back to Arkansas. My plane leave around 11 a.m. today, and all my things are packed (not so neatly) and I'm ready to go. It has truly been a great trip. I've gotten all the things a girl could ask for from time spent abroad: perspective, cultural experience, new friendships, time away from the norm, and relaxation. Belize is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind country, and the people of this great nation have been such warm, friendly, and welcoming hosts that my stay was very enjoyable.

None-the-less, it's time to get home! It's time to return to a routine, and spending time with family and friends. I want to dedicate the rest of the summer to several things: 1) Being a better employee. 2) Catching up with friends 3) Getting ready for Porter's arrival. I think these three things will keep me occupied, but should I have time left over, I can't wait to enjoy normal summer activities: pool, food, and fun!

My project with Belize Family Life Association will continue on for the next six weeks, from Texarkana. I will be researching, analyzing, and reporting throughout the summer, and I really hope that the end project is useful, enlightening, and thorough. BFLA has taught me a lot of things during my short stay in Belize, and I am continually impressed at the work they do with the resources they have. I can't wait to get home and start digging up relevant information to send their way!

I am sure that I will say this a million more times, but I can't thank the Clinton School enough for such a glorious opportunity. What a truly enriching, and fufilling experience they incorporated into the curriculumn, and I'm so blessed to have a chance to learn as a student of the UACSPS. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Well, time to start getting ready. The house mates (Real World Belize 09) are going to breakfast downtown before everyone is off to work and I head to the airport. Say a prayer for safe travel for me today. Happy mid-week!

1 comment: